Freightquote - Charged over quote

46 of 123 Freightquote reviews

Update added by user Jun 11, 2014

*responding

Original review posted by user Jun 11, 2014

I was quoted $445 and charged $490. Their reason was that they claimed the delivery was to a non-commercial area. This is untrue, see attached pic.

I see from other reviews that these guys have a strong history of charging over what they quote. I would advise not doing business with these people.

They claim that it is in the fine print agreement to be able to do this, which is true, if you are not accurate in your quote requests then things will change. The problem is that they claim inaccuracy with impunity and often incorrectly. They are not responded to my complaints.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Freight Broker
Review category
Shipping
review #496225 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Freightquote? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
46 of 123 Freightquote reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 19, 2014 #902994

You obviously need to speak with their manager. Anyone can look up this address on Google Maps to see if it is considered to be commercial, and on the normal business delivery route for this carrier. Then, it is your rep's job to dispute the charge with the carrier to remove the extra charge. Freightquote does NOT charge extra for these things, the CARRIERS do.

1 0 Reply
Butch

Oct 04, 2014 #879734

I was given a price for freight which was paid and a week later they end me a email saying that they are going to charge my credit card another $229.00. They said in the email that it was not a commercial delivery or pick up This was told to them when I made the order. They also said that there was a charge for extra labor.This company is a total scam and would not use them again. I will be putting in a complaint to the office of consumer affairs and would advise anyone else that have been taken for a ride to do the same.

0 0 Reply

Jul 25, 2014 #845754 Littleton, Colorado, United States

I have had the same experience. I have been shipping from this business park for 6 years. One of their carriers called this a residential and added 3 $120.00 charges to 3 invoices. They are not going to get me to pay false fees.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Freightquote. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Freightquote.
Filing a new complaint about
×